Assumption of Command

24 March 2005

Eject! Eject! Eject!

I wish I could do that from this country! But since I can't I will tell you about an online essayist. Don't call him a blogger.

Dr. Dave (Resident Diphthong Expert) gave me a site to look at. It is called Eject! Eject! Eject! (Dang!) Here Bill Whittle publishes his essays.

Dr. Dave in particular wanted me to read this one:

HISTORY:
It is the slow, uneven, grasping climb toward freedom. There are markers on Little Round Top, on the beaches at Normandy, and in the sands of Nasiriyah that show us where men have fought and laid down their lives, and willingly left their wives without husbands and their children without fathers, all for this idea. It is an idea bigger than they are, bigger than self-centered movie stars, bigger than cynical and bitter journalists, bigger than Presidents and Dictators, bigger, in fact than all human failure and miscalculation.
Unless you are Dr. Dave or Harry Potter's friend Hermione Granger, Bill's Essays are not light reading. But they are really good. Go check them out.