Assumption of Command

06 April 2005

Adam and Class


First things first: Push-up Business. In Jackie Answers, I reminded Lauryn that I forgot to answer a question of hers. I also told her that if she figures out what I forgot I would do push-ups. Today I got this e-mail from Lauryn:
I know what you didn't answer! That means i don't have to do push ups!! haha! you didn't tell me about the weather. so i guess that means you do push ups then?? You should get a picture of your mad push up skills, just so we know you really did them.
Since I do have mad push up skills:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
But I don't think Lauryn read my message close enough, it said to leave a comment in my answer to her questions? Hmmmm. I will let everybody decide if Lauryn should do push ups.

Everybody need to leave a comment telling me if Lauryn should or should not do push ups!

Now on to the Questions.


First I better do the weather before I have to do more push ups.
Is there weather nice there most of the time??
Yes! Next question. :) Oh okay I will do better than that. Weather here is dry. It is kind of like Texas. I haven't been here for summer yet, but I hear it gets in to the 120's. OUCH! I don't rain too much, usually in the winter time. Right now the it is getting close to 90 degrees, but there are place that it is already above 100. We are past the rainy season, so not it is getting really dusty around here. I am glad that I have AC.

Now Finally on to Adam's question. he writes:
How is the city life in Iraq? What type of tranportation do you use to get around in Iraq? What is the food like there, and there water supply? The weather here is nice, it is almost 75 degrees, what is the weather like there? We all hope you talk to you agian soon!!!
Okay. my arms are stretched from doing push ups, so here we go.
How is the city life in Iraq? What type of tranportation do you use to get around in Iraq?
Adam asks a tough question. So tough I can't answer it. I haven't been in a city too much. But I know someone that does. I asked another deployed soldier here in Iraq to help me out. His name is "Ma Deuce Gunner" and he has a blog like I do. He spend a lot more time in the off of the basecamp than I do. Now go over to his site and read his answer:

Ask Mustang 23, with a little help from MDG

Adam, Make sure to leave a comment, on his site, to thank MDG for his help so he know you read it. He did a great job answering that question.
What is the food like there,
Like I had said before, the food is pretty much the same, but I did take this cool picture of stuff that should look familiar but different:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

That is Tony G's Favorite food.
and there water supply?
There is 2 types of water here. We are only allowed to drink bottled water, as the local water tends to do bad things to Americans that aren't used to it. We also have bathroom water. We use it for the toilets, Showering, washing our hands, and brushing our teeth. This water is officially clean, but not clean enough to drink. does that make sense?
The weather here is nice, it is almost 75 degrees, what is the weather like there?
ASK LAURYN! My arms are tired. :)
We all hope you talk to you again soon!!!
Well keep the question coming and that won't be a problem.

That is all for now. Next up is Carson.
Update:In the comments, Ms. R says it was her fault. Now we need to figure out if the teacher should be doing push ups.