Assumption of Command

05 April 2005

Jackie & Class

I am skipping ahead to Jackie's question while I continue to work on Adam's question.

But before I do I have some push-up business to take care of:

  • Adam asked something tough and it is taking a bit of time to get his answer together. Adam, Do Push-ups! And don't stop until I get done with your answer. Just kidding!
  • Lauryn, I just realized that I forgot to answer part of your question. If you figure out what I forgot and leave me a comment in your answer, I will do push ups! And no fair asking your battle buddies, oops I mean, classmates for help. (BTW: that is the first mistake I have made all year)
Back to the question at hand, "Jackie and Class" ask:
I have many questions for you. Do you have a girlfriend back here in the United States? Since you watch a lot of movies, what is your favorite movie? Is it common for the people in Iraq to own cars? If so, what kind? Do you drive a mustang? I was just wondering since your e-mail is Mustang23. I was also wondering if they have a McDonalds in Iraq. If they do, do you ever get to eat there? Do they have movie theatres? Do they show the same type of movies there as in the United States? Do you have to wear your uniform all the time, or do you have a casual Friday? Do have any brother's or sister's? Well, that's all I have to say, but do you have any questions for us? If so, we'd be glad to answer them!
Alright, Finger muscles stretched out - Check, Brian working - Check, Computer on - Check, here we go:
I have many questions for you.
Oh boy, what did I do to deserve all this attention?
Do you have a girlfriend back here in the United States?
Yes, Her name is FCC@V, she is a wonderful, cute, smart, caring lady. she has done a lot of cool stuff for me while I have been here. She sent me Bowling Ball Cookies. She is also very understanding. She has been very supportive of me. But one time she did make me very jealous. Mustang Mama, aka My Mom, made a big batch of cookies and instead of sending them all to me, she took some of them and sent them to my Girlfriend. And since the mail is a lot quicker in the US than it is here FCC@V is eating cookie and telling me how good they are while I am sitting here waiting on the turtle powered mail to get here. But I guess it will be okay. My cookies will be here soon and I am very glad to have my FCC@V. She is great.
Since you watch a lot of movies, what is your favorite movie?
That is a very good and tough question. I have a bunch of movies that I really like. Some of my favorites are, the Princess Bride, Any Movie with Lightsabers but without Jar Jar, Gladiator, Braveheart, Major League, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, The Die Hard movies, The Indiana Jones Movies. I hope that helps.
Is it common for the people in Iraq to own cars? If so, what kind?
Yes it is common, but not quite as common as it is back home. they drive a lot of little tiny Toyota sedans and pickups mostly with and they tend to break down a lot too. Back home when you go to Quicktrip there is usually no waiting to get to the gas pump, but now a days it is common to see people lined up for a quarter a mile to get fuel. This is very good news. It mean that people here feel safe to drive around the country. It also means that they have money to afford to drive around the country. That is very good for the economy. The better the economy gets the more jobs there will be.
Do you drive a mustang? I was just wondering since your e-mail is Mustang23.
Nope I drive a Saturn. I miss my car. It is in storage. I miss being able just to hop in and drive where I want. Since you are in 7th grade, I guess you don't know what I mean. I go by "Mustang 23" because my old unit's nickname was The Mustangs and my assigned callsign, the name you use on the radio, was "Mustang 23" (not twenty-threee, but said two three)
I was also wondering if they have a McDonalds in Iraq. If they do, do you ever get to eat there?
Not yet, but they do have McDonalds in Kuwait and Qutar. Interesting fact: Did you know that no country with a McDonalds has every attacked another country with a McDonalds. Who would want to hurt The Hamburgler!
Do they have movie theatres? Do they show the same type of movies there as in the United States?
I am sure they do, but I just don't know. I do know that they have DVDs here. And they don't really care about copyright laws so people copy stuff all the time.
Do you have to wear your uniform all the time, or do you have a casual Friday?
Casual Friday! What the What! We have to wear our uniform everyday that ends in a "Y". We wear the Desert Camo for most everything. We also wear a PT uniform when we do PT. Amazing how that makes sense. We can also wear the PT uniform when we are off duty.
Do have any brother's or sister's?
Yes, from time to time, you will see her comments under the name KCNK.
Well, that's all I have to say,
Whew! I am glad tha'ts over.
but do you have any questions for us?If so, we'd be glad to answer them!
I thought that was all you had to say Jackie? Do Push ups! Just kidding. Hey Alright, its my turn to grill you.
  • Since this is a Social Studies Class and your teacher says its advanced, Who is your Favorite President of all time and Why?
  • how many of you are going to get the new Harry Potter book when it comes out?
  • Boxers or Briefs? whoops never mind this one, I don't want to know.
  • Is Worlds of Fun open yet? What is your Favorite ride?
Thanks for the questions.