Assumption of Command

01 April 2005

Spring Time!

It is Spring time here in Iraq. There is a common perception that because Iraq is in the middle east, it must be a desert. But that is not true, and I have the proof.

I took thses pictures today. I only had to walk about 50 feet to get to them. I have said before that I am out in the middle of nowhere. Here in the middle of nowhere, is a lot of open field. in the middle of these fields flowers have been popping up. The red ones are a little smaller than tulips and the yellow ones are really small, maybe the size of a quarter. Someone smarter than me need to tell me what kind of flowers these are.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Update:Karen Says: "The red ones are definitely Poppies and the yellow ones look like some sort of Asters."
[+/-] Click here to see the Proof!