Assumption of Command

08 May 2005

The Army Announces "Freedom Team Salute"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
(Image: Freedom Team Salute)


This is pretty neat.

Army Soldiers to Salute Support Team Via New Program:
The U.S. Army announced “Freedom Team Salute” today at a Pentagon ceremony. The new recognition program gives all Army Soldiers - Active Duty, Reservists, and National Guardsmen – the opportunity to recognize and thank parents, spouses, and employers for their support. The program also shows Army appreciation to Army veterans.
[...]
“In these demanding times, the support of families and employers gives our Soldiers strength and security while they are protecting our nation,” said Army Chief of Staff General Peter J. Schoomaker. “Freedom Team Salute provides Soldiers with an excellent opportunity to salute those at home and to thank them for their continued support and encouragement.”
[...]
Freedom Team Salute honorees will receive a Freedom Team Salute Commendation package, including an official Army lapel pin, a U.S. Army decal, a letter of thanks and a certificate of appreciation. Veterans can log onto the website and simply enter their name and address.

The Address is freedomteamsalute.army.mil.

When you go to the site it give you more details and it has a big button that lets you nominate somebody.

I haven't yet used the website yet, but I will very soon.

This is neat for us troopers. We get a chance to tell people that are supporting us thank you by getting them officially recognized. There are a lot of people that go into making a deployment successful to a soldier. It takes the Soldier, the Leadership, the subordinates, the family, the friends, and in the case of Citizen Warriors, the Employers.

I have had great support from all around me. My family and friends have been great.

I am also very lucky to have a good company to work for. The last thing I need to worry about is having a job when I get back home. But that is the least of my worries, my company has been great, I know that when I am done with my "Extended Desert Vacation Office Getaway", I will have a job waiting for me. That helps so much, not all troops are as lucky as I am.