Assumption of Command

22 May 2005

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Yesterday the internet was down, so I took the time to go look at out shelf of cool stuff the people have sent us. A vast majority of it was good stuff, we got a couple of useless things (hence bad), and something that is plain disgusting.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



The Good. Like I said we get lots of cool stuff. We do like the Beef Jerky and the Beef Sticks. But some of the other popular items include playing cards and the hand sanitizer stuff. Since we use "Chemical Latrines" a lot, the hand sanitizer is the closest thing to washing our hands afterwards.

The Bad. We do not have bath tubs here, and I am not sure that I would want to use a bathtub after any of these guys even if we did. I love my troops and all, but I will stick to a shower. Anyhow, somebody sent us soothing bath salts. that stuff is pretty useless to us. While it has good intent, we just don't have a place to use it.

The Ugly. POTTED MEAT FOOD PRODUCT! This scares me. What in the world does that mean? Can somebody please translate that for me? It might be meat, it might be food but I am sure it is some sort of product. Going on convoy or eating this stuff, I would probably choose the convoy. Who actually eats this stuff and who actually thinks we would want it. Unlike the bath salts I do not know what the intent is here. GOOD GRIEF!