Assumption of Command

29 May 2005

Star Wars Bootlegged

No less than ten days after the movie was released in the theatre, I am officially the owner of an unofficially bootlegged copy of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I don't feel too bad about the copyright infringement, there is no theatre here for me to see it, and when I it comes out on DVD I will buy it them so I don't think I am stealing any money from the George Lucas.

I just got a chance to watch it. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. this bootleg was not a video tape from someone in the audience. I think this is the one that was leaked, that I saw on the news. I paid a whopping 4 bucks for it.

I do have to give George Lucas credit for one thing; he did send 4 copies to the troops here in this theatre of operations. I know where 2 of these copies are, 1 in Kuwait and 1 at LSA Anaconda. That makes sense if you can only send 4 copies, that is where it would be seen by the most troops, but since I am not there and have no chance of getting to one of those places, I had to get my own. It was incredibly easy to get. I just walked into a little store run by some local nationals put my dollars down and he handed me the DVD. He said he has sold over 300 copies so far.

As for the movie itself, WOW! That was so much better than Episodes 1 and 2. I am very impressed. I just wish I could see it on the big screen.