Assumption of Command

24 May 2005

Weekend protests

Okay I know I am a couple days behind on this but I wanted to make sure you got to see some of this stuff.

Barb, the Righty in a lefty state, was at an anti-military protest in Washington State:

Seattle Recruiting Protest:
The protest action seemed mostly to consist of several individuals giving their viewpoints on the need to abolish recruiting in schools. We stood back and watched/listened, and after a few minutes, found that several people had gathered close to us. It may have been the way we didn't join in with the general head-nodding, or the "Operation Iraqi Freedom" t-shirt I was wearing (since my Blackfive shirt had not yet arrived when I left in the morning), but we apparently stood out as different ... go figure!
While at the protest, she took some pictures. She also got to meet some of the recruiters there, including SFC Due, who was in that picture a while back when he got protested out of a job fair. Those guys seem like nice people
Sergeant First Class Due and the other recruiters were great to talk with, kindly pointing out that I wasn't too old to serve, just overqualified!
hehe!

BlackFive also has post about it with a picture: Combat the Moonbats - Part 2. He also has a nice e-mail from Janie, the daycare lady and reader of AoC. She also went to the protest.

What I really want to point out is the picture B5 has. On of the protester's signs says "Who Would Jesus Bomb". WTFruitcake!?!?! What exactly does that mean.

I have talked about anti-military protesters before. I just don't understand them at all.

And in case you didn't know, there is an Active Duty Recruiter in the Milblogosphere: Jack Army. He runs a good site. I have a lot of respect for him. He is a true professional.