Assumption of Command

03 May 2005

What a Sad, But Powerful, Picture

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Picture released by the U.S. Army Tuesday, May 3, 2005 shows a U.S. Army soldier comforting a child fatally wounded in a car bomb blast in Mosul, 360 km (225 miles) northwest of Baghdad, Iraq, Monday, May 2, 2005. 15 Iraqis were wounded in the combined suicide bomb attack. (Michael Yon)


--------------------

Good Job, Trooper! Oops Make that Good Job, Sir!

This tells you how disgusting the TERRORISTS in this country are.

They freaking attack little kids.

-------------------

Update: This gives you background info on the picture: Little Girl
(Thanks Janie)

Update2: American in Canada tells us about this artice in Newsday:

Infantryman's wife saw the photo and knew:

"I said 'Oh my God, it is one of our soldiers,'" Bieger, 34, said yesterday from her home outside the Fort Lewis, Wash., Army post. "Then I stared at the [name] patch. I made out the rank and then the last four letters of the name and I knew it was my husband."

I also made sure to call him sir up above.

Update3: Fixed Photo Credit. Sorry Michael!