Assumption of Command

25 August 2005

CENTCOM Online

Attention Fellow Bloggers (MilBloggers and Non-Milbloggers)

I received this message the other day:
Hey Mustang,

I am a Public Affairs Officer writing from US Central Command. I would like to inquire about the possibility of you posting a link to our web site. I see that you are covering a lot of different types of stories in a lot of countries. I would like to get some of the stories out that are happening in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Horn of Africa. This is the area of responsibility for CENTCOM. Due to the nature of your blog, and the wide variety of information you cover, your blog is ideal for news stories. Please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Here's some graphics to assist.



US Central Command Website:

Brian M. Anderson
1LT, MS, USAR
CENTCOM Public Affairs Officer
How smart are these guys!

I am also sharing this E-mail with you for another reason. Just because you didn't get a message from the Good LT, doesn't mean you can't help him out. I am inviting all Bloggers to Link to the CENTCOM Site and also find an Article on their site you would like to share with your readers.

I will start:

Najaf Water Projects Focus On Supplying More Potable Water
The water projects, worth approximately $12 million, involve the installation of 14 compact water treatment units and piping, according to Darrell Flinn. These compact units require highly skilled labor to maintain them, and training the staff is part of the overall package. “These require a technical labor force that has been taught to use this equipment,” he said.
I guess this isn't the type of news that will get ratings. So if you want the real news visit CENTCOM.

They also have a nice Newsletter: Sign up for the CENTCOM/Coalition Newsletters

Now go and find some good news and report it on your site and make sure to send me a trackback.

If you don't I will make you do push-ups! :)