Assumption of Command

12 August 2005

Message to Ms. Sheehan from an Iraqi Blogger

You don't have to look far in the Blogosphere to find people talking about Ms. Sheehan. I have even posted about her once already. And there are other Deployed Bloggers share my opinions. Phil, of Phil and Becky's blog writes:

In case anyone was wondering
To all of my friends and family, please do not even think of doing anything like that if I happen to meet some untimely demise here. It is not a good idea, it does not represent my wishes, and if it happens I will ask the Lord very politely if He will allow me to temporarily return to earth (preferably in some frightening visage) and haunt whoever does it. And I will do my best to be very very scary.

Just in case anyone was wondering. :)
So with all the coverage of this situation, the story has made its way to Iraq. Iraq the Model is a great blog written in Iraq by Iraqis. They know more suffering than I could imagine and they have "A message to Cindy Sheehan"
We live in pain and grief everyday, every hour, every minute; all the horrors of the powers of darkness have been directed at us and I don't know exactly when am I going to feel safe again, maybe in a year, maybe two or even ten; I frankly don't know but I don't want to lose hope and faith.

We are in need for every hand that can offer some help. Please pray for us, I know that God listens to mothers' prayers and I call all the women on earth to pray with you for peace in this world.

Your son sacrificed his life for a very noble cause…No, he sacrificed himself for the most precious value in this existence; that is freedom.

His blood didn't go in vain; your son and our brethren are drawing a great example of selflessness. God bless his free soul and God bless the souls of his comrades who are fighting evil. God bless the souls of Iraqis who suffered and died for the sake of freedom. God bless all the freedom lovers on earth.
This is just amazing stuff. If reading this doesn't help you understand why we are here, you are either dimwitted or too wrapped up in Bush-Hating to care. Read it all.

(Via Mudville & BlackFive)